Sunday, October 18, 2009

Craft Time


My sister has craft time w/ her oldest and I decided to follow her great example. I bought some "as is" cupboards at IKEA and decided the girls would paint their own headboards. I bought craft paint from Michael's and for about 6 dollars total, the girls have their own picture to put above their bed.

I traced stars, hearts and circles on their boards using cookie cutters. Reagan did a good job at first coloring the individual shapes but then went a little crazy and ended up going abstract on us all. I of course had to "modify" it a bit so there was more than just a mixture of five colors (which basically turns into a nasty brown color).



Can you guess which one is Rea's and which is Madisons?!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So why is Garrett off to the side of the rest of you guys in Maddie's painting? I love them both though, great idea!

Ms. said...

I love it. I think it would be cool too if you put their names over the pictures

Kaitlin said...

that's a great idea! i had iva paint some canvases for asher's room before he was born...i figuerd it was cheap and it was okay if it looked "abstract' if a child did it