Maddie said family prayers before bed tonight. She prayed that dad wouldn't be tired and fall asleep in class (he is in class in the evenings) and that no one would wake mom or dad up in the middle of the night for something so that they (mom and dad) wouldn't be grumpy in the morning. There were a few other things, but those were the best.
She's been wanting sleep in our room so we came up with a deal that she could sleep in our room every other night. It has worked so far. She doesn't complain on the nights she is in her room which is much better than before. When Garrett and I go to bed, we move her onto the floor. Every night she sets up her bed by laying out my yoga mat, covering it with a fleece blanket and using our extra pillows to cover the opening to underneath the bed. She is starting to have the afraid of the dark, etc phobias now. Her ped said it was normal to start that at age 6. I am def. not going to tell her that I still imagine someone grabbing my ankle if I walked next to my bed in the dark. Seriously, before G left for China back in May, I bought a table lamp that I turn on before I turn off the bedroom light so its not dark when I cross the room.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Family prayers
Posted by Elizabeth M at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm the same way. if i don't have my lamp on before I turn of the light, I have to look to make sure my path is clear, then hit the switch, take one step and then jump into bed so I don't have to walk near it in the dark. Haven't done that for a while cause I always have my lamp on, but I know I still would if the situation arose.
Post a Comment