Sunday, January 11, 2009

Realizations

So I realized I have become one of those bloggers who only seems to put the positive Jonesy type stuff up. I just wanted you to all realize that this is so not the case in the real life of the Maughans. Yes I love my kids, but some days wish I had a full time nanny and could run away. Far FAR away. To say the least for our finances, the easiest way to put it is that Garrett and I have a very strong testimony of food storage. We definitely wouldn't have been able to get along without it. On a sidenote, we never had food storage per say, but I had a strong impression to go work at the cannery in Boise so I could buy some before we moved. I stocked up quite a bit and also was given some by family members. It definitely was useful and I know we were blessed that although it seemed like there wasn't much in way of things for dinner, we always had chicken in the freezer and some sort of concoction could be made from it. I am absolutely sick of chicken now, but we had lots of it and you can't complain, right?
Yes, I love CA, but still miss being close to some family. Although we are much closer to my family now, it was nice being in Boise just a few minutes away from the Maughans and while in Provo I was busy with school and work and Maddie so it didn't seem as bad. So yes, I still miss my family even though I have them just 90 minutes away.
So basically the point was that I just wanted to make everyone aware that we are far from the Jones family, never will be, and to those who 'keep it real' on their blogs, I thank you and salute you. It is always nice to know we aren't the only ones out there.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

Yes, I know what you mean! I love you and think of you often. I would rather be fighting with you close by then just talking on the phone thousands of miles away!

Hethrjem said...

I hear you. Sometimes it's hard to blog because it's difficult to write the truth. That's why I NEVER keep a journal! Hang in there! There was a time when I was a student looking for work and I ate the same soup every day for lunch and dinner. I would probably gag if I even smelled that soup today.

I think we're given a sense of humor in life to deal with the ugly stuff. Otherwise life would be too hard! Hang in there.

erin said...

haha i think most of us post the happy stuff. its not much fun to post the bad stuff to everyone, but maybe ill do it sometime.

The Bowers! said...

Haha, I post the bad stuff all the time...it is a way for me to vent I guess. Sorry if it bums you out. (I'm so excited for your new baby! Are you going to continue with the Presidential name theme?)