Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Differences between McCain and Obama

I have heard that Obama supported gay marriage and thinking that wasn't the case (but supported civil unions like McCain) I figured I should check it out. According to this article and others, they both support civil unions, but not gay marriage. Of course, there are other articles saying the opposite (that he doesn't believe gay marriage should be banned) so who really knows...


I saw this on CNN and thought is was interesting. Obviously, I don't see us making upwards of 603K every year, but the numbers are very interesting. I read that really the deficit would increase more w/ McCain, but in general the deficit would be about the same (relatively....McCains is about an extra billion towards the deficit, but supposedly that isn't very much w/ the total of the US GDP)

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/economy/candidates_taxproposals_tpc/index.htm

Here's how the average tax bill could change in 2009 if either John McCain's or Barack Obama's tax proposals were fully in place.


MCCAIN OBAMA
Income Avg. tax bill Avg. tax bill
Over $2.9M -$269,364 +$701,885
$603K and up -$45,361 +$115,974
$227K-$603K -$7,871 +$12
$161K-$227K -$4,380 -$2,789
$112K-$161K -$2,614 -$2,204
$66K-$112K -$1,009 -$1,290
$38K-$66K -$319 -$1,042
$19K-$38K -$113 -$892









3 comments:

Ms. said...

It will actually be interesting to see what actually happens when someone is in office. Maybe politically obama has not said support same sex marriage, but on Ellen he did say that his church supported it.

FENFEINOCHOK said...

Dang I was looking at the tax bill. I hope that whoever gets the job will help the economy. It is getting worse. How the heck are you guys? I need to call and chat with you sometime!!! Oh cute pitures below by the way!

rebecca and eric said...

hey! thanks for the good info. I'm jealous that you're in CA!