So this is actually from our first trip to the zoo. I didn't take a lot of pictures of animals because I figured they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. The pandas were awesome though and of course the macaw was gorgeous (I think it is a macaw). When we went yesterday, we saw a show that featured sea lions (not to be confused w/ seals mind you). We sat in the perfect spot b/c right at the beginning they had this huge looking owl (they said it weighed only five lbs) fly down right above our heads. Reagan was sitting in my lap and literally we could feel him flying right above us (as in I would have hit him if I even put my hand on my head..kind of freaky). The lady actually commented on the fact he was pretty close to getting Reagan's hair. I thought, great my child was almost scalped by a owl. Of course they thought it was all pretty cool. Garrett asked what there fav. part of the zoo was and interestingly enough it is the skyfari that is this small tram that holds four people that takes you from the bottom to the top of the hill and then you can go back down again on it. We can ride it for free b/c of our annual passes which is pretty cool. So my children like the ride better than the animals. Kind of funny, but cute at the same time. The skyfari is the best thing ever b/c the hill is VERY steep. I count it as part of my workout routine for the week. Kind of cheating, but I say it still counts. Pushing 25 lbs up a hill isn't too easy. Well I will put more pics up at some point. It is drizzly today so I think Rea and I will try to go to the beach next week. Hope you are all well!
Friday, September 12, 2008
More Pics from the Zoo
Posted by Elizabeth M at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
The girls are just beautiful. Hopefully when we have a girl she'll be cute too. We don't want to be the ugly cousins lol. hehe. We have to go when we are down! So jealous!
What can I say, I do have great grandkids.
i love the skyfari!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog page. It's good to know that things are going well for you and your family. Your girls are beautiful as usual and growing so fast. We miss you! Take care! Sondra
Post a Comment