So this will be really quick b/c I need to go to bed, but Senator Obama came to Boise today!! He was initially scheduled to be in SLC for the morning, but with President Hinckleys passing and funeral, he decided to come up here instead. My friend Karen and I volunteered and lucky for us, got into the media group which allowed us to be on the floor the ENTIRE TIME!! There was a meeting Friday night and after some basic instructions, most people left. Karen and I (being the awesome people we are and knowing it was the way to get the "good job") stuck around and helped w/ set up, putting up posters, etc. That morning (again b/c we are awesome) we helped direct the media (including Obama's traveling press). Once the Senator began speaking, we moved up towards the stage and Karen got AWESOME photos.
This photo is us w/ one of the volunteers, Tristan. We think he came from working in another state, but never really asked him...he was the volunteer working w/ the official staff in charge of the press volunteers.
Senator Obama beginning his speech. This is the part in his speech when he talks about meeting people that whisper, "I am a Republican" and then he goes, "Why are your whispering?" Ok, so maybe you had to be there, but it is pretty funny!
link to audio:
http://legacy.idahostatesman.com/media/2008/obama/ It starts around 1min 40 seconds in
Visual proof I was there at the Rally!
Long story short, I got to bed at 12 Friday night and then was up at 3am to get to the arena by 5am, but it was totally worth it!!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Senator Obama in Boise!!!
Posted by Elizabeth M at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Looks like you had a GREAT TIME! I am glad that you got to go and help out!
Thank you for standing up for what you believe in. So many people don't. Looks like you had a great time. Love Dad.
Post a Comment