Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This past week

A lot has happened this past week. Garrett has all ten applications in for law school. We hope he gets into one. We aren't too picky...just one of them will do at this point! We plan on renting our house at and seeing how things go w/ the housing market. The rent will cover our mortgage so we will be set there.

My sister Mariah and I are helping each other follow the "rules" on being healthy, losing weight, etc. Right now, we are starting small and keeping each other accountable for not eating snacks, junk food, etc on Tuesdays and Thursday. The incentive is b/c if we do, we have to take a pic in our bathing suit and send it to three family members and two friends. I may even get adventurous and put them here (yeah right!). At least I do know we look better than people that are on some TV shows.

We went "hunting" on Saturday. I put that in quotes b/c in reality, I knew we wouldn't even see anything as it was about 20 degrees and really really windy. Our adventure didn't last very long, but it was nice to spend time together as a family.

Maddie had preschool today after a four day weekend! I always miss preschool when there is a long break...Christmas break was hard b/c I had become used to those breaks and didn't get to have them!

Well tonight I am going to do some phone calls at the Obama office and then head to the gym. The saddle bags need to get sinched back up :-)

2 comments:

james & erin said...

i like the taking a picture of yourself in your bathing suit idea! haha
and does it not feel SO good to have all the apps done? oh, i know it does! :)

Nicole said...

Congrats on getting all those done! I am sure that you will get into school, Garret is a smart guy!
I love that bet, I will have to ask you more often if you have eaten any junk food! I want to be one of those friends that you have to send it too!