Well I have done a few mini blogs, but thought I would catch you all up on everything. First, Garrett has 7 of 10 law schools applications. At this point, we are not getting our hopes up b/c we don't want to be devastated AGAIN (we still will be thought). After we got home from Andrew's baby blessing, I walked in the laundry room and smelled something. At first I thought Belle had pooped in there, but I cleaned the floors, wiped up some standing water from our crazy washer and still the smell remained. I even went and bought a room smeller thing from Bath and Body Works, but still the smell remained. One day, being the good wife and mother I am, went to grab the spray n wash and alas! I found the source of the smell. A rotting duck. Yes you read that right. The place where we boarded Belle while in CA for Christmas also is the place she was born and they had started bird training with her. When she was picked up, the guy gave Garrett two ducks to use to continue "working" w/ Belle. Long story short, this frozen bird (which was next to my ice cream by the way) luckily was in one of those "fancy" GLAD freezer bags so I can only imagine as it defrosted (Garrett said the garage was too cold) what the outcome would have been if it had been a regular bag. So to continue the story, Garrett had forgotten he had put it up there. Lovely, huh?
I really wanted to watch the results of the Iowa caucus and got distracted after giving the girls chocolate pudding. After ignoring the sounds of a spoon smacking on the table, I decided to go and investigate. Reagan had smeared the pudding all over the table. It took awhile, but I got them both cleaned up and in bed. When I finally went to bed, I discovered chocolate pudding in my bathroom (at least they were trying to clean up, right?) and on my bedroom wall (see to the left).
Today, I put the Nutcracker Ballet music on for Reagan in the kitchen. She began dancing and of course got Maddie's dance shoes out of the closet. But the real story is the fact that I decided I should take pictures for my blog, future Heritage Makers projects, etc. I started clicking away and didn't realize until some of the pictures came up that she had taken her diaper off (for the umpteenth time). There was one that was reeeeaalllly bad. This one is a much better one. I sent the "exposed Reagan" shot to my sister b/c it was hilarious, and unfortunately forgot to changed the image quality and size so Mariah ended up w/ this HUGE shot of Reagan w/o a diaper on (You get the picture, right?)
Well now Reagan is tired and should go down to bed early tonight while Madison is in her room until Garrett gets home for writing all over her rocking chair (right in front of me like it wasn't a big deal to boot!).
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Posted by Elizabeth M at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
A DUCK! That has to be the funniest story ever. That one will go down in the books!
congrats on getting the 7 done!
Haha! I love the duck story. In college, my friend took a Costco sized bag of frozen chicken out of the freezer to make dinner one night and absentmindedly just set it on top of the fridge while he rummaged through the fridge for other ingredients (and forgot it there). A few weeks later we couldn't figure out what the smell was...until someone tall found the sloshy bag of putrid chicken up there. Rotting meat is naaaaaaaasty smelling!
Post a Comment