My mom came to visit a friend that lives north of here and was able to spend some time w/ us too! There was a ton of snow when she showed up so she and the girls made a snowman in the front yard. Later that day it melted (it was a pretty sad sight). The girls love having my mom around and of course there was the crying at the airport.
We always joke that whenever we visit my parents or they come here, some sort of "bad habit" happens. It usually is about the sleeping situation. While my mom was at our house, she slept on our big blow up queen size mattress. Although Maddie slept w/ her every night, Reagan did join in one night. Needless to say, last night (the first night after my mom leaving) Maddie cried saying she wanted to sleep in the big bed w/ Grandma! Hopefully tonight goes better and she doesn't want to sleep w/ us.
Garrett's birthday was on the 7th, so we had his family over for pie. Marie Callendar's is having their 5.99/pie special right now. I ended up buying three of them. The french apple one is the only one left. It actually hasn't even been cut into, so if you live by us, come over for a slice! I do owe a bathing suit picture b/c Garrett's birthday was on a Thursday (Mariah and I can't eat sweets/junk food on Tues and Thurs) so, we go to Sun Valley this weekend. I will take one then in the hot springs pool.
Garrett was essentially laid off at Cabelas yesterday. We have decided Februarys are not a good month for us (he was laid off from his old fulltime job on Feb 9, 2007 and Cabelas made this announcement on Feb 11, 2008). We are going to cut back on a ton of stuff, but hopefully he starts getting hours again there, or one of us finds another job. I know I am going to get a bunch of comments about me working, but they are all going to have to get past it seeing as we do need to pay our bills.
Garrett is still waiting to hear from schools. He is on the wait list for one. It is actually the "hardest" school he applied to, so that is good.
I am staying busy w/ doing Heritage Makers. I am becoming much more comfortable in talking about it, getting sales, and calendaring Celebrations. Maddie and Reagan still play pretty nicely w/ each other, which is definitely good. Belle has calmed down quite a bit, but unfortunately, we have neighbor dogs that bark, (one in particular) which then gets Belle to start barking. We have her come in if she doesn't stop, but I hate the fact that the other neighbors may think it is her. Oh well. I have done what I can to let others know that we bring her in if she starts doing it, but that is all I can do. Speaking of Belle..when we have taken her on walks, there is this house w/ scary dogs (the best way to describe them). They have chewed alot of their fence out and whenever I would walk her by there house (on the other side of the street too), they try and get out from the hole they have made. From now on, Garrett takes her on walks if they decided to do the whole neighborhood walk and of course he takes his gun w/ him :-) Being up on the laws, if the dogs got out and were no longer on their property (ie front yard, driveway, etc) and came roaring at Garrett and Belle, he could legally shoot them. In all serious, they do freak me out. I am usually not afraid of dogs, but these ones are REALLY aggressive. Alrighty then, that is all for now. Have a great Valentines Day!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
This past week
Posted by Elizabeth M at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, you have been busy...still have some of that pie left. I would love some! I think I know what dogs you are talking about. But I have to say that they have gotton out and they are harmless. When the fence between us was down, the kids played with the dogs. They just seem mean though the fence for some reason. Anyway just wanted to let you know. Of course we don't have a dog, so I am not sure how they would react to another dog.
the snow man you guys built when you were here, just melted...
Well I guess I need to go up and visit. They will sleep in their own beds then. haha Dad
Post a Comment