Thursday, December 6, 2007

Stuff

Well, we just got back from our first visit to our vet for Belle. It wasn't that expensive considering what we had done (vaccines, worm meds, etc). Her spay is going to be way expensive, but supposedly the kennel that bred her pays for it so then they don't have the competition of other black labs in the area.

I am crazy busy until tomorrow night. I am our ward's Activities Chairperson. It is crazy and stressful b/c I want it to look nice. Luckily, our ward has awesome people that are helping me. I am going w/ the Food Committee person to go get the food today at Costco and Wal-Mart (I hope I can get thru it w/ the girls ok). They have both been really whiny and tired, so hopefully they will nap this afternoon. Tonight at 9pm I get the building to start set up. Rumor has it that guys come and play basketball, but they will have to deal w/ me not letting them. We are plannig for 325 people (we have a huge ward), so there will be a lot of tables and chairs to set up along w/ the table decorations.

Garrett (on his own!) has been getting his recommendation letters from employers and professors (all lawyers and two that are alumni from Univ of ID where we want to go). Now he just has to get his statements finished! They are time consuming and need to get done in the next few days, so I guess he will have to squeeze time out to do it after his 60 hour work week. Luckily, he has parted w/ a few guns to pay the costs for all of these applications.

Well, that is about it for now. Wish me luck today at Costco!

2 comments:

meghurd said...

Hey girlfriend! how are things going? i just tried to write a message, but it got lost in the signing in process. anyway, we are looking at moving to texas, maybe utah. houses are just crazy expensive here-like $400K average. for what we pay in rent here we could get a house in texas. around here we can't even find a condemned crack house that we can afford. ha!ha! anyway, life is busy, but blessed as always! we have a great ward here. we ended up in texas for turkey day. my sister hooked us up with plane tix so we were able to go down and surprise my mom. the girls are bigger and busier-tasha is 13 months, sara has an awesome kindergarten teacher, and lizzie likes her preschool. anyway, keep in touch. i'll try not to be such a stranger. what are ya'll up to for the holidays? love to you and your fam!

The Five that Jive said...

Hey Elizabeth!! I didn't know that you had a blog...yahoo!! It sounds like you're extremely busy, but very happy...glad to hear!! Merry Christmas!!

Lindsey Johnson