Well, our Ward Christmas party went well. Of course we had the flakes, but we got through it. It is nice to have awesome friends who help w/o even being asked! Garrett took pics of the kids as they went to sit w/ Santa. I got them printed Saturday and passed them out at Church today. I knew if I didn't do it, I would forget and not get them done.
Saturday seemed busy, but I really don't think we got much accomplished during the daytime. That evening, we had dinner w/ Garrett's parents (I love not cooking) and then went to Hallmark for our annual "let's spend too much on ornaments" time. Reagan picked out this kitten that had a 2 on it for second Christmas, Maddie got a Barbie ballerina (of course), Garrett picked out a Winnie the Pooh ornament (after I said I didn't care) and then I told him we were getting a different one (it was way cuter, trust me!). Then Maddie found one for Belle and then we got one for our back neighbor who has helped a lot recently. Our back neighbor, Jake, is OBSESSED w/ Superman, etc , and we saw a Clark Kent type suit jacket on a hanger that has the Superman uniform underneath. At any rate, after that, we put up our Christmas tree and put up the ornaments. We have a lot now and it is fun to see the ones I had growing up next to ones that are more recent.
So on to best buys...first, when I was in UT (OK like a month ago, but still), Mariah and I went shopping for a dress for Garrett's Christmas party and also this wedding we would be attending. Of course Mariah, our awesome Nordstrom family member, knew great designers and told me to try this one dress on. Long story short, I bought it, love it and actually just saw it the other day at Dillards for $120!! Needless to say, I certainly didn't pay that at TJ Maxx, so it was way awesome. On a side note, the designer is Maggie London and she has way cute dresses that are modest, but around 120-170 so not in a lot of people's price ranges.
OK, so now to bargain number 2! My friend Carrie and I try to go out to breakfast once a month. After breakfast this past Saturday we went to the mall. At the Disney Store they had their big ole' globes on sale. There were some on a display case that had a 50% off sign and others on the ground w/ a 39.99 each sign. The sign said for globes 59.99-99.99 were now 39.99, and I saw this huge one of the Disney Princesses. Carrie looked at the price for me and it said 124.50 We got up to the counter and I asked how much it was. The employee immediately said 39.99 so I decided it was an awesome deal. But wait, it gets better! The globe rang up at 124.50 but the guy said since he had told me it was 39.99 I would get it for that price! Way exciting. I was almost tempted to sell it and make a profit, but decided I wouldn't and I knew the girls would love it!
I hope this finds you all well and not spending as much as I have been lately :-)
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Busy times and Great buys
Posted by Elizabeth M at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
You guys did a GREAT job on the Christmas Party!!! Everything was beautiful, the food was good, and the pictures were a fun touch! That was good thinking on your part. I hope you had enough people to help clean up...We had to leave because Jesiah was not feeling well. Sorry!
I think I need to go shoping with you...I need good deals like that! I really need new dresses, skirts, shirts ect. Well really new dresses!!!
I hope you have a great week! Call me sometime.
Post a Comment