Its hot outside and two things are happening. One, I have turned into my mother. "Close the door!" was a common phrase growing up and it continues to this day. Seriously, I woke up this morning and since our bedrooms are east facing and the house is not insulated it was hot. I touched the window and it had that oven door hot feeling. I am not joking. I actually thought b/c there was so much heat that there was a fire in the attic so I was touching the ceiling to see if it was hot too. Also, my daughters have decided that it must be cold outside b/c Maddie has been regularly wearing jeans and a sweater. Not a wool type sweater but a breezy day 3/4 length sleeve sweater, but still! Reagan is going through the layering phase. She puts on multiple long sleeve shirts and then freaks out when the sleeves bunch up. Last night she had on four long sleeve shirts and two short sleeve shirts. Yes that is 6 shirts total. I am not sure where these girls came from! Poor Reagan, well not really because she chose to wear all of those layers, was totally sweating when 10 minutes later she wanted them all off. Surprise surprise, right?
Garrett's schedule is busier than I thought it would be. Well not necessarily busier but some days are spread out so it doesn't make sense for him to waste gas coming home. For instance, one day he works at the legal clinic in the afternoon and heads to the school for the rest of the evening until his class ends that night. Another day he is literally gone from 8am until after the girls have gone to bed. Luckily Friday he is done at 1215pm and doesn't have anything until work. Yes the boy works at Target two nights a week. He basically gets zero sleep over the weekends (like maybe 4 hrs Saturday and a few after church on Sunday). The only good thing is he does have lots of time on campus to read before class so he isn't staying up until 2am like he did last year.
I have no idea what is going on this next year in regards to my job which is why G is working at Target. We were approved for a smaller cost of living increase compared to single students than last year. It wouldn't seem like a lot over a 9 month period, but it is if you divide the amount over that period. Plus working will allow for things like Christmas presents (what a concept huh?). We are def. lucky w/ the support we have gotten this Summer.
We are splurging tonight and going to In N Out b/c I don't want to turn the stove or oven on. The kitchen gets the hottest b/c of the blasted sunlight that brings a bunch of heat in. When you sit at the kitchen table you can literally feel the heat on your back. It was suggested to put a tarp to cover it, but I am not sure how to keep it down. It is on the steep incline of the roof so I would be afraid bricks would roll down the roof. Any suggestions would be great!
PS-I love having my sister here. She has the cutest kids ever. Once Andrew sleeps until at least 730am in the morning he is welcome to spend the night. I am not a 6am morning person!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Hot Summer Days
Posted by Elizabeth M at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
awww! I love being by you. Thought of something else. Cute a piec of fabric so it can canopy under the skylight and get those little hanging hooks and attatch them to the wall, then put some of those hole reinforicers on the fabric and hang the fabric up there. You could even buy one panel of the 'light' blocker curtain from walmart/target and make it out of that. It is supposed to help with heat too
good idear! i should do that tomorrow. i have a gift card to target.
i read your post earlier, but never made a comment, but will now in reply to the one you left on my blog. basically, you are way more informed about school and books than i am! i mean like you, i definitely recognize those big fat blue books, but i have no idea how much they cost (thank goodness!) or which one is which. all i know is theyre beasty! :)
awesome that garrett is the pres of the j reuben clark law society. i remember learning about that when we went to visit different campuses--i'm glad you guys have found other lds people there ta the school. i bet that is fun.
and with the "busier and busier" thing, can i just say AMEN! basically they 1L year is the worst, but schools only been in for a week and i'm pretty dang sure 2L is gonna be worse! way busier, and this year is the pressure to find a good PAID (emphasis on the PAID) internship.
Post a Comment