Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This past weekend



This past weekend we decided to head to the beach for a nice relaxing couple of hours. With everything that has happened these past few weeks, it was good for us to get out. I was excited that Garrett came with us too b/c he usually stays home and studies. I purchased a beach umbrella at Costco a few weeks back which was nice to have. Although I stayed out in the sun, Garrett sat under it as well as the girls when they had their lunch.


Madison was in the water the ENTIRE time. Now of course it was nice and warm outside and I got some color, but the water was absolutely freezing. Reagan wanted one of us in the water with her for a bit. Garrett went down first and then I went. The water was so cold my feet started hurting after a little while. I can't figure out how they could stand it, but have decided kids just can do things us old folks can't.




Reagan eventually got adventurous enough to get in w/o Garrett or I. The only problem with that was one minute she would be on the sand and the next she would be mid thigh in the water with a wave coming towards her. Luckily, the waves were pretty pathetic and didn't knock her down. I don't even know why surfers were even out that day. They looked bored on their side of the beach just sitting on their boards, but whatever.

Well Garrett's birthday is coming up. He will be 30 this weekend! We look back now and realize that we have been together over eight years now. Time really does fly by!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ms. said...

So fun! Why do little girls suits always give them wedgies! Someone needs to fix that!

My Real Name Is Fred said...

Great Blog...Wish I was there.

cldmt_chick said...

I can't wait for those little girls to become surfers!! Wish that I could be there.