Maddie goes to Cadman...one of the schools they are recommending to close. Of course the reporter doesn't take into account the fact that although the school wouldn't be open, they would still be having to spend money on maintenance and security as well as moving the portables from one school to the next. And of course no one seems to know what that cost is....just venting.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That's crappy that she might have to change school (and meet all new friends). Budget cuts in this state are getting crazy--did you hear that the Pleasanton and Livermore school districts are considering reducing the school year by 5 days just to save money? It will save over $2mil for each district. I think it is a bad idea but better than closing schools altogether.
Such is the life in California - the broke state giving IOU's for your tax returns. That it!! You sould move back to good old Idaho!!.
Seriously, that is just crazy - closing schools. I can't even think about how hard it will be on these little kids.
Congradulations on your new little one on the way! I hope all is well with you and your family. I think of you guys often. Your cousin :-).
Elizabeth, I am sorry to hear that Maddie might have to go to another school. That has got to be frustrating!!
idiots
FYI love the cupcakes. How are you doing? I can't believe that she might have to change schools.
Post a Comment