Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

So I made a quick collage of pics from our Thanksgiving weekend. Yes, it was forever ago, but now is as good as time as any. My parents came down Tuesday to help get everything ready. My sister, her husband, and kiddo arrived in Orange Co on Wednesday and they along with my grandparents, brother, and sister-in-law came down on Thursday for the day. Also my cousin Jeanne and her family, along with my cousin Mikey and his girlfriend (sorry, I will always refer to him like that...too many other Mikes) came down from Carlsbad. My aunt, uncle, and cousin Kaylie who live in El Centro came as well. Friends here in town, the Taylors, also joined us for dinner. I think the final count was 28. It was a lot of fun, a lot of work, and I have already decided in 20 years when the family really has multiplied, I am getting it catered. Seriously, I don't think it is as much fun when you have to be worried about the food all the time and not talking to people. Plus, I didn't get any stuffing or pumpkin pie :-( Oh well. That night Mariah, Jaymie, my mom and I went and saw Twilight. SOOOO good! Yes it was the second time and all, but so much better than the first time. Plus there were about 15 of us total in the theater. Apparently a night show on Thanksgiving is a good way to go. That evening we also opened up presents from each other. My sister, of course, got me two cute tops, and necklace and earring set, a gift cert to a restaraunt and some body spray (yes I know I smell, but the doctor said it should get better once the meds kick in!) :-) Teddy and Jaymie headed back that night. I can't even remember what we did the next day (if someone else can, that would be great...I need a refresher). Saturday everyone headed back up to either the grandparents or back to Livermore. Saturday afternoon was really nice and quiet. Monday Maddie played hooky from school and the girls and I went up to Disneyland. We met up with Mariah and company and went on some rides together. Kalon took Maddie w/ him onto Star Tours (she talks about it everyday) and I took Andrew and Reagan on the Buzz Light Year ride. Reagan does a great, long, stretched out deep-voiced, "BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!!"

Well Garrett's first final is tomorrow. He had a paper due on Tuesday for his legal writing class, but that is so not the same as a two question, eight hour test so tomorrow is officially the first one. I am taking the CBEST tomorrow morning so I can begin substituting here in CA. If I don't pass I will question my BYU education. I did study though. Promise.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ms. said...

Okay I didn't read all of it. I lose my attention span--but I can't see the pictures dang it! I don't like these collages precious! humph I do love you though

Ms. said...

we didn't do a whole lot. Mom was sick and we were all tired. I took the girls to see Madagascar 2 and some of the boys saw transporter 3....and we ate lasagna....thats all I remember