Monday, November 17, 2008

This past weekend

This past Friday night, my dad and brother arrived from Livermore. They had come down to go turkey hunting with Garrett. Knowing my husband the best, I knew that in fact they one, would not get a turkey, and two, would probably not even SEE a turkey. I did think they would be gone all day though. Being the procrastinator I have become, I figured I would have plenty of time on Saturday to get everything done before they returned. Well lo and behold, they got back at around noon (I figured more like 5pm) and were done for the day. My dad's birthday was the night before (the 14th) so we celebrated it Saturday (the 15th) evening. Luckily, I am a procrastinator, because I made my dad come w/ me to find the James Bond DVD collection he wanted and we ended up at Borders and we got him the Bond Collection Volume I. Lucky for me not only was it on sale, but it also had a code in it for two FREE tickets to the new James Bond movie! The boys had already planned on going so the three of them were all able to go for about 13 dollars. I tried to convince them that I should go and Garrett stay home with the girls, but that request was denied.

My dad's turkey is the mean one.

Last week, I noticed in Maddie's class that they had made turkeys. Maddie remembered how to do them and wanted to make more and seeing as my dad and William had to have some sort of 'hands-on' turkey experience, they made them too! There were a few creative differences (like how a turkey's nose should look or how many talons a turkey has), but it was very fun :-)

In case you can't tell, William's penguin looking turkey was shot by an arrow in its abdomen area and is now bleeding to death.

In case you want to make the turkeys, it is pretty easy. You just trace your hand on different colored paper for the feathers and then trace your foot for the body. You will need two 'feet' to make the body.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ms. said...

I love it but I don't like the see through thing going on!

Elizabeth M said...

i know, but i like the background and am too lazy to save all widgets and then put them back in. do not fret though! in a week and a half i will put a christmas one up!

Tracy said...

hey meredith- your blog is so festive! I'm on a favor hunt for my brother mark. He needs some past coworkers to vouch for him on a background check. (He's going through the process of becoming a CHP). Could you email me your number ASAP so that Mark can use Garrett as a reference? Random, I know. Thanks. My email: tracy4belts@yahoo.com

Tracy said...

Aaah! I'm such a moron! sorry Elizabeth. (not Meredith) :-Z