Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Updates

I haven't written anything in a bit so I thought I would let you all know what's going on. We took Belle in on Monday to the vet b/c although we had tried to "fix" her e-collar so she couldn't get to her bandage, it didn't work. On top of that, we noticed the guaze directly on top of the sutures was yellow. I called the vet and spoke to a tech who said we HAD to come in b/c it was probably an infection. Of course I had to drag not only a crazy dog but two kids to the vet w/ me. The vet looked at her paw, said it looked fine and of course I was thinking why in the world the guaze was yellow. Now before I put in the next part I must tell you that we had actually never been in the room when they bandaged her up AND the last time they did it, they charged us fifteen dollars. Well this time, I was in the room when they bandaged her up. I am watching how they do it in case I need to change it again (I personally had done it three times prior) and guess what...the doctor SPRAYS A YELLOW ANTI-BACTERIAL SPRAY ON HER PAW before putting the guaze down. So not only did I have to deal w/ two kids and a crazy dog, I get a fifteen dollar charge for him doing it when I could have easily done it myself!!! We then got a bigger e-collar (it is HUGE). When checking out, they tried to charge me twenty-five for the bandaging and I informed them I was only going to pay fifteen like in the past. GGRRR...

Ok, so on to law school. G has been waitlisted at two schools (Chapman in Orange Co and Univ of Idaho in podunctville Moscow) and accepted at TJSL. I am really hoping he doesn't get a later acceptance to Idaho (which would be a slim possibility anyways) and so to say the least, can't wait to move to CA!!! His parents know about the whole situation now and thankfully seemed mostly excited about us living in San Diego. His mom told me today that they would love to sail from San Diego Harbor (they are big sailors) and would "visit quarterly" were her words! That makes me excited b/c I don't want them to think I am trying to run away from them or anything. I will definitely miss having them around. We won't have family nearly as close as we do now (in reference to the Maughan side), but I am definitely ready to move to year-round sun. Don't get me wrong, though, b/c I will miss the snow, but we will be back in Boise for Christmas and can always go to the mountains in So California (I know they have snow somewhere...Teddy about killed himself twice snowboarding).

Maddie is definitely getting more "emotional." I try to ignore it as much as possible but in the car it can get overwhelming. If anyone out there reading this is a child psychologist, please leave suggestions! She is diligently working on her lower and uppercase ABCs so she can get a new webkinz. She gets pretty frustrated at times and if she doesn' tknow what the letter is, she gets kind of "turned around" and then doesn't know any of the others.

Reagan has worn a bathing suit for two days now. Marsha got them both really cute suits for Easter. They are the ones from Costco I think. Maddie's is the Ariel one and Reagan's is Tinkerbell which is PERFECT for Rea especially b/c it has the tulle around the bottom of the suit and looks like a ballet outfit. Reagan loves to dance and it was really funny last night when I came home from the gym to see Garrett putting his ballroom shoes away. I asked him why in the world he had them out and he said he and Reagan watched Dancing w/ the Stars and danced along. Reagan is really good at watching someone do some sort of dance move and then mimicking it. She is always surprising us!

2 comments:

The Bowers! said...

I love the bit about Garrett and Reagan dancing together...so sweet!

I'm not a child psychologist...but I'd say you're probably doing the right thing by ignoring Maddie's frustrated emotional outbursts with learning her letters--making a big deal out it will probably just emphasize to her that learning can frustrating and she won't learn to 'self soothe' and deal with her frustrations on her own. Perhaps if it gets too bad suggest that she take a breather and do something else for a few minutes when she gets stuck on certain letters. (I don't have kiddos but that's what I'd try if I were baby sitting a kiddo her age...)

Hope you're having a good week!

james & erin said...

woohoo congrats! san diego.. youre lucky!!!