It is official! Belle is being adopted! Well at least semi-official. Garrett put a mass email out at the law firm and has had a few people show interest. The goal is to give her to another family before we fork out another 30 dollars for dog food. I am going to do phone interviews first (seriously, I am). Garrett said he put in the email all of the things Belle does and needs..like how she digs holes or how she needs property to run around on and dogs to play with. One gentleman lives around the valley here and is a hunter with other dogs on the property. A woman lives in Eastern Oregon on a ranch. Garrett has told me about another person but I forgot what they were all about. At any rate, that is about it on Belle. She will definitely enjoy being in the wide open spaces and not cooped up in a little backyard (we are on .16 acre...pretty small).
Lets see. Oh, Reagan has decided to potty train herself. I never actually believed people when they said that their kids did it, but she seems to want to do it. Yesterday, for example, she would say "poop," grab our hand, walk w/ us ro the bathroom and then go. I think she is amazed at the peeing part (maybe b/c of the noise?) at any rate, she finds it pretty cool. We went and bought "big girl" panties today. I couldn't find the really thick ones that we used w/ Maddie, but we still have the plastic liners to put over the panties, so we should be okay. The regular underwear won't be as absorbent, but seeing as she tells us when she needs to go, I think we will be ok, though I did buy a ten pack so there will be plenty to use.
We grandma-sat this weekend. Garrett's grandma lives in an apt. and we get paid to take care of her. It is a really boring job, but pays well and the money is nice to have, especially while Garrett wasn't working at Cabelas!
Maddie is learning sign-language at school and is really good at it. I didn't even know they were teaching it until she spelled her name and showed me the different signs for colors like green, orange, and red. I figure it must be the preschool b/c I certainly don't even know the signs for the colors. If anyone in Boise is looking for a preschool, Small Hands is awesome. I don't know if they have any spots left for this coming Fall, but it is worth a try!
I leave for Miami in about a month!! I am soooo exccciiittteeeddd!!!! I may miss a Mother's Day Tea party w/ Maddie, but I am sure Marsha (she is helping w/ the girls while I am gone) would love to go. Garrett took the first two days off that I am gone so Marsha and Maddie could go if I am not around. My friend Kristin is graduating from Med School at the Univ of Miami. I have wanted to go out there since she moved there Aug 2004 and G suggested I go out for her graduation. Of course I said yes and thankfully have been given a job of watching Grandma every other weekend which has paid for the flight. After Kristin's graduation, her family is going to the Keys and I was invited to go!!! I am going to start going tanning this week so I don't fry while I am down there. I also have to save up for some cute clothes b/c I am not going down to Miami looking like an old frumpy housewife! (Note: Kristin will be in Sacramento/UC Davis for her residency and I told her if we end up there she can deliver my next kid :-))
G is happy at work and ready for the move (I think...). He already put his last day as Aug 1st and we will move the following Monday.
TTFN!
Monday, March 31, 2008
More updates
Posted by Elizabeth M at 11:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That is amazaing that she is potty training herself! What a great thing that is! I am sorry that you have to give your dog up, I know how much you wanted her and how much it will hurt to have her gone. :( But it will be for the best! No more money down the drain! Thanks for the update, have a great week!
Why are you getting rid of Belle?
Wow!! So do you know where you'll be moving to?? I'm so totally jealous!! Rick totally wants to move to California...but we're having a hard time finding jobs from way out here. Good luck with everything...and have tons of fun in Miami!!
Lindsey J
to answer julie's question: belle is a good dog but definitely needs more yard space, another dog to beat on her, and more attention...our neighbor dog won't "play" w/ belle anymore b/c belle is a little to active for sadie...plus she digs and i don't want to rent a house and bring a dog that is going to ruin someone else's yard..
It makes me happy that you're choosing what's best for the pooch...there are a lot of folks out there who would just pen-up an active dog like that in the yard and not think at all about the well-being of the animal.
I hope you're having a great week!
Post a Comment