Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ode to Courtney P

So our lovely dog Belle discovered how to turn our backyard faucet on. After discovering a flooded yard (and Elizabeth initially being blamed) it was eventually decided that Belle had in fact done the deed. Not only did she turn it on Saturday, but again Monday, Tuesday, and twice today. Luckily for me, I have an awesome friend who I was complaining to about it and she told me how to fix the problem. I am going to let you know how in case you ever have a crazy dog who figures it out (or construction workers using your outside faucet like in the case of Courtney). All you gotsta do is unscrew the handle (there is a small screw in the center of it) and wahla the handle comes off and there is nothing there to use to turn the water on! Yeah for Courtney! Now the only thing I have to be concerned about is losing the handle and screw (I totally will at least lose the screw at some point...).

4 comments:

My Real Name Is Fred said...

Good luck with Belle. I am sure I will like her when we meet. But sure seems like a lot of work for a dog lately on your blogs. Love Dad.

Nicole said...

What a smart dog you have there. I am glad you found a solution or you would have a lot more then just water in the back yard!

james & erin said...

so i just thought i should let you know about lawschoolnumbers.com in case you were interested and hadnt heard about it. :) it gives stats about students and your husband can sign up and stuff. its interesting! good luck to you still!

the blonde potato said...

Glad you used the idea and it worked! Dogs can be like having another kid around....:)