Things are busy as usual. Not as bad as two weeks ago when I had something every night, but still busy. Garrett has two more days of school before dead week and then finals. I start work this Friday (we hope) but have to wait until my fingerprints/background go through. Of course I am starting during testing for the 2nd-5th graders which means my library will be used for kids that need extra help. I assume I will help them as needed. We still aren't sure on my pay b/c they haven't ever had an hourly employee and so what they are going to do is take the money that has been designated for my position and divide it by how many hours I will work. Basic math never killed anyone so I should know soon. It all depends on when I start. Randomly enough, when I went to get processed at the district office yesterday, they had my paperwork for a job that I had applied for, but never did the class to actually be eligible to take the position. Luckily, I asked what my specific job title was and when she said special ed assistant substitute, I was like, "uhhh..." and so now I have been hired as both. The special ed job pays about 120/day I think. We will see if I get any calls seeing as I haven't taken the training class.
Garrett registered for Fall Semester. He spoke to some 2Ls and 3Ls and found out which professors were the best for certain classes. Lucky enough for us not only did he get all the classes he wanted, but 3 out of the 5 are in the evening. This will be great if I start working f/t in the fall. According to the schedule I have, he is taking professional responsibility, criminal procedure, property II, evidence, and constitutional law (at least I think that is what con law means). I still am not sure how well I will do w/ the whole full-time thing, but we really need the health insurance and I really want to pay off the higher interest loans Garrett has accrued already.
On a stinky note, we were planning on taking Garrett's hiking backpacks to China, but low and behold we realized two aren't functional at the moment. Now we need to calculate what will be cheaper, fixing them or finding a good deal for at least one online.
I am hoping Rea's glasses come in this week so we can start that process before the inlaws come to watch the girls. I want to make everything as easy as possible for Garrett's parents since they are nice enough to come out here and watch the girls. As it stands now, I think the most annoying thing will be our crazy psycho sprinklers. And temper tantrums :-)
I think that is about it for now. I will let you all know how work is once it starts!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Just about the same
Posted by Elizabeth M at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think you will really enjoy working, but will miss any kind of down time/nap when you are preggers again. your niece better be here before you leave for china...when does g leave again?
How was/were your first day(s) of work?
Post a Comment