Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update

Well Garrett officially starts school tomorrow. I say officially because class begins tomorrow but in reality, he has been at the school since this past Thursday. He has already been reading cases and writing briefs/reviews for upcoming classes. Of course, just to mess with the first years, his Torts professor sent a syllabi with totally different reading assignments for tomorrow. Luckily for my husband, he is used to staying up late when working at Cabelas after his "day job" and he has read cases and written briefs early into the morning while taking his Paralegal courses at BSU. Obviously being pretty smart helps too. I can't wait to hear how that class goes tomorrow because the email was sent around dinner time and some students may not check their email as often as others. I think the fun is just beginning for him!

The school has been really nice and welcoming. Of course when you are paying over 1000 dollars/credit they should be! They had a luncheon on Saturday afternoon. Their was only ONE other child there and he was only eleven months old! I think it is pretty safe to assume we have the most kids compared to the other first years. Along with a really great lunch, they told us to go into the bookstore and get whatever we want courtesy of the admissions department. I got a really cute light blue zip up sweatshirt which I was assured could be used at some point this winter. Reagan got a red tshirt and the girls both got these blue teddy bears with the school name on the front.

We recieved our sleep by number bed today. It wasn't very hard putting it together and of course Garrett loved the excuse to get away from working for a little while. I am excited to try it out and see how it goes. I will have to let you know what my "number" is.

The girls are adjusting well. The primary had a great activity on Saturday and Maddie seemed to enjoy church on Sunday. She didn't even make a peep when I dropped her off into her class. Though there was a good turn out on the activity on Saturday, her class is combined with the CTR 6 and CTR 7 classes. Reagan freaked a bit when I dropped her off at Nursery. If anyone from the Greenhill Ward is reading this, make sure to tell the nursery leaders in the younger nursery how much we miss them! When I went to pick her up, they had a Disney movie on, which kind of bugged. Oh well. I will have to see what happens this next Sunday b/c I am not very comfortable w/ the whole watching movies in Nursery thing...If you have a suggestion let me know!

Oh and we went to the beach yesterday. About 10 minutes from the house. Its a different beach than the one I went to last week and was more crowded BUT parking was free so there is a plus there! I will try and put some new pics up when I can remember to take them!

Oh and if you know anyone looking to rent a house ours is still available!! They can go to cobblestonepropertymanagement.com and click on the link to the Meridian Homes. I believe it is the first one on that page.

2 comments:

The Bowers! said...

Good luck to your hubby on his first day of school! I'm glad to hear that you are all settling in nicely.

erin said...

how exciting he started! i am sitting in the law library right now as james is off at his second day of orientation. classes for him start on monday. i better give him the heads up on teachers trying to mess around! haha good luck, im excited for you guys, and for us too :) p.s. your house looks so nice!