Ok, so I haven't put up a posting in a few weeks now which is funny since I for one am always on the computer and two, I always am sad when I don't see other people updated theirs (I like to live thru other peoples lives) :-) At any rate, it is another grandma weekend (we watch G's grandma a couple of times a month...good $$$). I realized since I am procrastinating going to bed b/c Maddie is in there and literally hogs the whole thing up, I might as well write a quick blog. Oh and seeing as I am totally stealing internet from one of the neighbors I might as well do a quick repentance by "journaling." So we have been busy w/ nothing but the same ole' stuff. G is going back to nights at Cabelas which means for me no more night trips to the gym which stinks b/c I so don't get up at 6am. Let's see...my mom is coming to visit at the end of the month. It is always good for her to visit b/c then I am forced to really clean my house. Plus it will motivate me to take a baseboard from our house to Kwal Paint and get it matched so our baseboards don't look like junk (should have painted them 18 months ago when we moved in!!!). Ummm...Maddie graduates from preschool on the 30th and her dance recital is the 19th which really means I am now going to have to find activities for her and Rea to stay sane. I have her signed up for a couple different summer camps (a week long each). We move before dance or the full summer camp would be over so she is only doing a couple of the fun weeks of the summer camp. Her preschool is awesome and I would totally have Rea go there if we weren't moving. Speaking of moving, it still looks like we are going to San Diego. G is still on the waitlist for his top school, so we will see what happens.
Rea likes to think she is potty trained and will miraculously find pullups from when Maddie was potty training (I bought one box and maybe used two) and then last night (I was at the gym) she went to bed w/ a swimmer diaper on...probably b/c it looks more like real underwear, but doesn't really have that absorbent quality (I later explained to G the difference between swim ones and reg ones) so long story short, we had a bit of a wet mess this morning.
I leave for Miami this week. WAYY excited to go, but nervous too. I think I will miss the kids more than I think I will or maybe I am afraid that I won't miss them and then think I am a bad mother, but whatever. I am still going to Miami which is a good gift for getting G into law school. He has only admitted it once, but he totally wouldn't have been able to get everything done in the process of applying (getting apps filled out, figuring out numbers, stats, etc) w/o me (he does work 60hrs a week). So I totally deserve this trip. I told him he gets to go hiking during the fourth of July weekend so that evens it out, but he doesn't think it is the same thing.
Well that is all for now. I am on our laptop and the space bar only works on the left side and I always want to use my right thumb to hit the space bar. VERY ANNOYING!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Update
Posted by Elizabeth M at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i'm jealous you're moving to san diego!
we have the same basboard problem...i painted the majority of the house (all the main rooms) in october but still haven't done the baseboards....blah! and congrats on law school in SD...so jealous!
Thanks for the update! Now we need to hear about your trip to the beach!
Post a Comment